Submitted by WA Contents
Young Architects in Latin America at Venice Architecture Biennale
Italy - May 22, 2018 - 09:11 1693 views
Following the success of the New Chinese Architecture in 2010, Young Arab Architects in 2012 and Young Architects in Africa in 2014, the CA’ASI launches the Young Architects in Latin America competition in order to highlight the creativity of Latin American projects, and help a rising generation of young architects achieve worldwide recognition.
On this occasion, the CA’ASI opens its doors to youngarchitects to offer a unique look at La Biennale di Venezia2018 theme Freespace.
Laureates and nominees were selected by an international jury among 201 projects submitted by candidates from 18 Latin American countries. The jury met on Friday, April 6th and really enjoyed the social, environmental and participative approach displayed in the submitted projects, allrepresentative of a new way of thinking. A bilingual cataloguefeaturing all the projects from the candidates of the YALA competition will be available.
Griselda Balian (BAAG), Agustín Berzero, Sebastian Calero Larrea (Panamerica Sur), Abraham Cota Paredes (COTAPAREDES Arquitectos), Tadea Casilda de Ipiña Mariscal (Ipiña + Nieto), Daniel Feldman (ZITA), Federico Ferrer Deheza (Alarcia-Ferrer Arquitectos), Tomás García de la Huerta (García de la Huerta Gleixner arquitectos), Ignacio Garcia Partarrieu (UMWELT), Federico Lagomarsino, Loreto Lyon (Beals Lyon Arquitectos), Francisco Javier Rivas (Estudio Ahgatuba), Nicolas Rivera (Jochamowitz + Riveraarquitectos), Felipe Sepulveda (BASE), Alejandro Soffia (Alejandro Soffia Arquitectos), Camila Tariki (BernardesArchitecture), Entre nos Atelier, Gabriel Visconti & Marcos Coronel.
A selection of 60 projects from this international competition will be displayed in the venue:
- 3 laureates that will be announced at the award ceremony
- 15 honorable mentions
- 41 noteworthy projects
- Lionel Blaisse, Journalist et consultant specialized in architecture
- Ana de Brea, Author and Professor of Architecture, Ball State University
- Jean-Bernard Datry, Director, Setec TPI
- Frédéric Edelmann, Journalist and architecture critic
- Marie-Hélène Contal, Director of Cultural Development, Cité de l’architecture et du Patrimoine
- Didier Faustino, Architect, Le Bureau des Mésarchitectures
- Christine Leconte, chairwoman, CROA Île-de-France
- Bertrand Lemoine, Author and Honorary Research Director atNational Center for Scientific Research
- Christophe Leray, Publication Director, Chroniques d’Architecture
- Michel Jacques, Art Director, arc-en-rêve Bordeaux
- Michel Ricard, Former President of the European Forum for Architectural Policies
- Catherine Sabbah, Journalist, Les Échos
- Martin Robain, Rodo Tisnado and Mariano Efron, Architecture- Studio.
Opening cocktail: May 25th 2018, 5pm
Exhibition: May 26th – November 25th, 2018
Free entrance, 10:30am – 6:00pm
Fridays & Saturdays: 10:30am – 7:30pm
Closed on Tuesdays
All images courtesy of Architecture-Studio
> via Architecture-Studio