Submitted by WA Contents
Register to Norman Foster Foundation's Robotics Atelier - Public Debates 2019 on 4-8 November 2019
Spain Architecture News - Oct 15, 2019 - 15:56 1165 views
The Norman Foster Foundation has announced its third edition of Robotics Atelier - Public Debates 2019 which will take place on 4-8 November 2019 in Madrid.
Supported by the Rolex Institute, the 3rd Robotics Atelier will be held at the Fundación Francisco Giner de los Rios, Paseo del General Martínez Campos, Madrid, Spain, and registrations to attend the Public Debates are now available on Eventbrite. The Public Debates are free and open to the public, with a limited capacity, after registering via eventbrite.
"Over the past ten years, designers have been teased by the potential applications of 3D printing. Anything from 3D-printed cars to violins; 3D printing has been proclaimed to be the inception of the Fourth Industrial Revolution," states Xavier De Kestelier.
As he puts it, "Although 3D printing has been a major disrupter in medical sciences, mechanical engineering and to a certain extent consumer products, It could be argued that its true impact on the architecture industry is yet to come."
The Robotics Debates will be developed in two blocks. Each block consisting of keynotes and a subsequent debate between the speakers followed by a questions and answers session.
The 3rd Robotic Atelier will include speakers:
- Philip Beesley, Director of the Living Architecture Systems Group, Toronto, Canada; Professor at the University of Waterloo in Canada and the European Graduate School in Switzerland;
- Adrian Bowyer, Founder and Director of RepRap Ltd, Nootdorp, The Netherlands;
- Anna Dyson, Founding Director of the Yale Center for Ecosystems in Architecture (CEA), New Haven, CT, United States;
- Xavier De Kestelier, Principal and Head of Design Technology and Innovation at HASSELL Studio, London, United Kingdom;
- Frédéric Migayrou, Deputy Director of the Musée National d’Art Moderne, Centre de Création Industrielle (MNAM-CCI) at the Centre Pompidou, Paris, France;
- Claudia Pasquero, Director and Co-founder of ecoLogicStudio, London, United Kingdom;
- Liam Young, Director of the Masters of Science in Fiction and Entertainment at Southern California Institute of Architecture, Los Angeles, CA, United States;
- Tim Stonor, Managing Director of Space Syntax, London, United Kingdom.
Please see more information about the event here.
All images courtesy of Norman Foster Foundation
> via Norman Foster Foundation